If you want to crop a video on Android, the most effective way is to use a video cropper app. In this article, we’ll walk you through some of the best video croppers for Android.
Video editor apps like PowerDirector, Kinemaster and VivaVideo have features that allow you to trim and cut videos.
PowerDirector app is a great way to crop videos on your Android device. It allows you to add transitions, effects and music to your videos. It’s perfect for beginners and advanced users as well.
PowerDirector is available on both iOS and Android free of charge however, as with some other free apps, it does come with ads and in-app purchases to unlock additional features and remove the ads.
How to Crop Video with PowerDirector on Android
- Launch PowerDirector on your phone and select VIDEO EDITOR at the bottom of the home page.
- Tap + at the top right corner, browse to import a video saved on your phone or tablet, then click Import.
- Click Edit & Create and select Cut/Trim button at the bottom of the screen.
- You can either drag two handles on both sides of the timeline to choose which part you want to discard or enter custom values in Start Point and End Point boxes in Time Value tab at the bottom of the window to decide how much time you want to trim from start and end of your video clip.
- Click Save as New Video button at the top-right corner after trimming.
VivaVideo lets you quickly trim the length of any video, as well as adding simple effects. It’s ideal for cutting out sections of your footage, as well as adding text or stickers and combining multiple clips into one.
This is one of the best free video editing apps for Android. You can easily trim or cut a portion of the video using the app’s “Trim” feature. Here’s how:
- Download VivaVideo on Google Play Store.
- Open the app and tap on “Video” icon to open the video editor.
- Click on “Import” from the bottom to select a video from your gallery that you want to crop.
- Select “Crop” from the top bar and then choose the desired aspect ratio for your video out of many available ones.
- Now click on “Export” to save the cropped video in your device.
The video editor app has a user-friendly interface and lets you easily change video dimensions, cut video clips, and add background music.
Steps to crop videos in KineMaster
- Download the KineMaster app from Google Play Store, install it on your Android device, open it.
- Click on the Media option at the bottom, import the video file from your phone’s storage which you want to crop.
- Tap on the timeline button to access the editor page, then use the crop tool (scissor icon) to crop the video.
You can also change the aspect ratio of your video clip by clicking on the 16:9 icon on top of the window.