Dark mode is a popular feature across applications, and there are a number of reasons it might be handy to enable on TikTok. Maybe you got a new phone that has an OLED screen and you want to take advantage of the ability to save battery life. Maybe you just like the look of a dark mode app over the light one. Either way, the good news is that TikTok has a dark mode option.
Enable Dark Mode
If you’re using the TikTok app on an Android device, then you can turn on Dark Mode by following these steps:
- Open the TikTok app.
- Select the “Me” icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Tap the three vertical dots in the top right-hand corner of the screen and select “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap “Dark Mode” to activate it.
How to Unfollow on TikTok on Android
If you have accounts that you no longer want to follow, you can unfollow them at any time on your Android device. It’s simple but not immediately obvious. Here’s how to do it.
- Open TikTok on your Android device.
- Tap the Search icon at the bottom of the screen (the magnifying glass).
- Tap Following at the top of the screen. This will bring up a list of accounts you follow.
- Tap Unfollow next to an account name to unfollow that user. You’ll get a pop-up box asking if you’re sure you want to unfollow that user.
- Tap Unfollow again in this box to unfollow that user. Your choice is final unless you decide later to follow them again.