Defenders III is a simple, yet addicting, Castle Defense game. It is mainly you, with the premise that you are defending your castle in a number of different instances of waves of enemies trying to destroy your castle. You have three defensive capabilities at your disposal: A stationary, swiveling, crossbow turret, a magic tower, and magic spells. You can have two magic towers and two turrets, but only if you unlock them later on in the game. With these tools, you need to defend your castle against every type of enemy, from giant bugs to evil horsemen, to even giants and magical ogres.
Although this seems like a straightforward game, making sure to upgrade the proper equipment and keep up with the right items to use during certain waves is a must. If you fail to pick up on the initial upgrades and get that bolster, the game will get increasingly hard to play. So, here are some tips and tricks to make sure you get the most out of your upgrades.
Defender III Strategy Guide (Upgrades)
There are multiple upgrades that you can focus on within the game. There are three different categories, each with their own subcategories. The three main categories include the bows (Wind, Earth, Ice, and Fire), magic towers (Wind, Earth, Ice, Fire), and your castle (Arrow used, magic power, and City Wall). Each of these items has subsequent skill list inside of their own area. So, what are the top 3 upgrades to shoot for in my opinion?
- The arrow. The arrow itself is good to upgrade, since it is used by all the bows, and when upgraded, increases knockback of arrows, as well as damage. When you get Steel arrows, you get the chance to upgrade the skill called split arrow, you get the ability to have two arrows fired at a time. This helps in keeping the waves back, as well as adding extra damage when hitting the same target. Overall, the arrow is the best investment when playing the game.
- The Wind Bow. The wind bow is the first bow you get to use, and upgrading it comes with many benefits. First off, to understand why there are four different bows, each bow gives a power advantage in the next subsequent matchup. Wind beats Earth, Earth beats Ice, Ice beats Fire, and Fire beats Wind. Now, this is not reversible, so there is no harm in using a wind bow on a fire stage. But, since the wind bow is your first bow, being able to constantly upgrade it gives you amazing benefits. Second is the skill it brings along to the fight. The magic spell known as windy blade is the only spell out of the four beginner spells of the bows that is a full screen length knockback. The earth and ice only hit in a targeted area on the ground, and the fire spell only hits the enemies, without doing knockback. When the skill is upgraded, the damage is increased, meaning you can hit innumerous enemies in a straight shot. This is great to clear out incoming mob waves and to hit those pesky ranged enemies that stack behind their bodyguards.
- Spell upgrades and Mana Upgrades. Third on this list are spells and mana. Some people may ask, why is this not second or first on the list? This is because it takes a lot of resources to upgrade the spells, and even then, you can only use them approximately three times when they cost between 40-80 mana at the first rank. As you only start with 100 mana, and it takes just as much gold and resources to upgrade the mana pool as it would to upgrade the bow, it is much more efficient to place it below the arrow and bow. Nevertheless, spells are extremely vital, as they are your primary focus of wave clear. Your spells are costly, but will help you stay alive in a very hard pinch, as I touched on earlier with the Wind Bow. So, making sure to have your mana pool be large will allow you to reel through your spells much easier.
Defender III Tips and Tricks
Now, in the actual defense portion of the game, there are specific strategies and tactics you can employ to make sure that you hold out for the most optimal amount of time. Here are 3 that I found especially helpful.
- Always target the ranged attackers whenever possible. During many stages, they will appear with a sort of staff, ranged weapon, or distinguishing feature that will show that they are ranged. They will not travel the whole way to your castle wall, but will instead stop about 1/3 way in towards the castle, and start to volley shot after shot. While these shots do not do very much damage on their own, the constant layered barrage that ranged enemies can fire off will quickly start to wear your defenses down. Taking out the ranged will allow you to focus on clearing out the few melees that may claw their way to your walls.
- Knockback is your friend. Making sure to have multiple knockbacks in your kit will make sure to keep away enemies, and force them to take even longer to reach your walls. Knockback will not only keep enemies from reaching your walls quickly, it can also knock back ranged opponents so they have to continue moving forward again to fire their bullets. Just as melees have to be directly by the wall, ranged have a certain distance they must be within to fire. Knockback helps to alleviate the pressure enemies can have by bullying them back.
- Conserve your spells. Your spells can be thought of as your last line of defense. They are extremely effective, but cost a lot. Spells at the beginning can only be used approximately 2-3 times before you will be out of mana for the next wave of enemies. Making sure to try to do your best to clear out your enemies by use of the bows and magic towers before dropping your final magic will ensure that you have a safety net later on during the level.
Competition versus Others
As the competition against other players is not really a competition, but an endurance test, you can just apply the same principles and tips that I covered in the In-Game Defense portion of this article. If you follow those tips, you will be able to outlast many of your opponents in the competition arena.
This is just a few tips and tricks to help you along your way to becoming the best Defender in the game. Good luck to you!
DOWNLOAD: APP STORE | GOOGLE PLAY
32 thoughts on “Defender III Strategy Guide, Tips and Tricks”
The question is how do you get the steel arrow?
you upgrade the arrow a lot
You need to upgrade your regular arrow untill you get steel arrow and then you can get multi arrows and shoot 2 instead of one.
Just keep upgrading the arrow. Eventually it will say evolve. Do that once or twice and you’ll get the steel arrow
Just upgrade to max level to evolve
Requires mainly mithril ore
how to increase the attack speed of the bow lvl 5 ?
How do you increase star abilities for stuff like Arrow of Meteorite or The Stone of WInd? I have 13/10 for The Stone of Earth and it’s still doesn’t have any stars.
Upgrade it first, reaching max lvl, then evolve (same as bows, spells, arrow…).
Amigo como puedo darle mas velocidad al bow Lvl5 veo que hay otros con más velocidad
Hay diferente maneras :
– Tienes que upgrade el bow, cada upgrade vas a dar poco mas velocidad
– Por el bow de viento, debes tener el Sylph que es la evolucion del bow de viento. Una vez que lo tiene, upgrade el tercero spell (despues del tornado) para dar mucha veolcidad a tu bow
(lo siento, mi espanol no esta perfecto ^^)
How to recover mana 20 times?
When playing a game, the btm left corner will show a circle with a plus sign. Note you can only recover spent mana by using crystals.
How to recover mana 20 times?
When you launch a game, near your life and mana bar. Once you use a spell and your mana is low, there is a blue “+” at the left of the bars. You click and your mana will be restaured (be carefull because each recover cost 1 Diamond)
Hello, I already have Sylph, Gnome, Undine and Salamander (I play for 5 / 6 months now) but how do you get the other evolutions (Jean, Behimos, Kulaken, Ifrit, Griffin, Nightmare)
Hi. What means exp and how i increase hat at bow?
Hello, I have the same question as NIMIEYE. I’ve obtained all the bow power-ups by collecting daily rewards till the month is over. But how do you go about obtaining the tower power-ups(Jean, Behimos, Ifrit, Griffin, Nightmare)?
Bows upgrades are the only free upgrades,youll have to buy the others with real cash
This is the only decent guide I have seen on this game! I am currently LVL99 (max) & on Stage 3000+. The Wind Bow & Ice Bow are my preferred bows, and I would highly recommend focusing on one of them first. Wind Bow has high fire rate & damage, but Wind Bow does more actual damage to bosses (defense kills the effectiveness of Wind Bow, since it deducts from each hit). The Earth Bow is a MUST have later on, but only because of its 2nd ability/spell (Earth Barrier), which blocks all damage where the barrier is and also gives life/HP. Upgrade the Bow to Lvl.5, then only upgrade it more if you want to- at max, the Earth Barrier gives over 4,000 life, and covers the entire wall for a few seconds. Some of the bosses in Arena are literally impossible without this Earth Barrier!
For all of the Bows, upgrade the 3rd ability to Lvl. 10 (max) asap, since it is by far the most effective return on your investment into any of them. The towers are very important, but only for their magic spells (the damage they do is nice, but fairly negligible compared to the bows). The Water Tower is undeniably the first you should invest in, since it hits 8 enemies at max and the freeze ability is extremely important- and the freeze time seems to last longer than the Water Bow’s freeze. The Earth Tower’s spell/ability is the 2nd best, and the high single target damage paired with the stun is nice for bosses. I personally kept the Falling Stone spell at Lvl.2 for a long time to keep it’s mana cost down- even though it didn’t hit the entire screen, the slice it did hit was a VERTICAL strip that is perfect for stunning just the ranged attackers long enough for you to shoot the guys in front of them. The stun & freeze abilities are extremely valuable vs ranged attackers, and you will find that 90% of the time, it is the ranged attacks that mount up and kill you! Max out the 2nd ability for all of the towers asap- longer freezes & stuns are great!
Pay attention to which investment is giving you more dps, the arrow or the bow itself. This will change depending on their relative levels, so always get the maximum bang for your buck! Later on, after your bow is Lvl.150, the Dragon’s Treasure section becomes very important, as it is the only way to increase the damage output of your bow. You can buy what you need using just crystals in the Store, and the menu options there change every day.
Keep in mind that Stage Mode is the best place to earn crystals; Battle Mode is the best place to earn gold. Arena is the only place other than the Store to get Dragon’s Treasure (you can get them in World Raid, too, but only once a week).
***ICE Bow does more actual damage to bosses
not exactly. when you get Sylph, Gnome, Undine and Salamander, you will find that wind bow is far more powerful than any other bows. it is simply because the Sylph give 30% fire rate and 20% fatal blow chance. damage formula: Damage= (bow
damage+bow damage increment+arrow danage+arriw danage increment)* fire rate*fatal blow.
only wind bow got the opportunity to increase 30% fire rate, and 20% chance fatal blow which makes it does 30% more DPS of other three bows. And much higher attact rate means more repel and more extra real damage per second (10 star level arrow of meteorite give 200 extra real damage that ignores defense of enemy)
currently all my bows are full level, dragon treasure arow of meteorite level 340, badge of clover level 150
DPS of wind bow is 1236246 DPS of earth bow is 965055
so tips, always upgrade wind bow in top priority. besides Sylph is the first free treasure you can get.
Is it advisable to focus on the mana regen than upgrading arrows?
Mana regen is nice but less important in the beginning than upgrading your bow. At a certain point it does become relevant, though. My mana-regen ability has been maxed out for a long time, but I believe it requires crystals, correct? So they use different commodities and you do not need to choose between the two.
Should I buy multi arrow or no?
Why do people in battle mode kill the first boss and then leaving the battle immidiatly? I that happens a lot of times and I feel like im missing something
I never concede, so I am not sure if you lose trophies when you quit? If you don’t, that might be a reason, since losing the match definitely does lose trophies. Conversely, if you do lose trophies by conceding, perhaps they wish to face easier monsters/opponents in their future battles? Just guessing here. Either way, I do not recommend conceding! You get LOTS of gold by sticking out the battles, even if you lose. Also, it is much more fun to try to get as high a ranking as possible. Once you get past 300 trophies it resets to 300 every week and gives rewards based on your ranking before it dropped. I like that.
because you are not really fighting this people. you are fighting with this people’s recorded video.
when this video is recorded, his videoed opponent is already defeated. in order to be more efficient on earning crystal and orbs, they will immediately hangup the game by tapping the bottom middle button on the phone, after 3-5seconds return to the game, the battle will be terminated at the time he quited.
this tip becomes very important when your cups of each stage is over 3000. Me for example. I have tried once to archive the top rank 1-10 of weekly cup. my cups of each stage reached 4000+, when you get more cups, the opponent the game system pick to match you lasts longer. when reaches 4000cup, it takes about 20minutes to win a game while in 3000cups for it takes 50-60seconds to win. the reward for a 20min and 50-60seconds game is nearly the same (1crystal + 1 possible orb) regardless the useless coins. so it is always good o win the contest but keep the game time the shortest the possible. now I only play between 3000-3030 cups. after reach 3030 cups, i will lose the game once to reduce 30 cups to 3000 cups. each win gains 1 crystal 1 possible orb and 3 cups. it is the most efficient way to earn orbs.
Does anyone know why I would not get rewards when completing arena battles? Mainly the ice ring that I never receive.
Bad RNG. Not being a troll, it’s seriously just RNG based. I have received no items MANY times after defeating Boss. Just keep plugging away and sacrificing to the RNG gods. Good Luck
How do i get more hp