When you’re typing on your Android phone, the default vibration feedback can get a bit annoying. If you’d like to turn off the sound and vibration for your virtual keyboard, there are a few simple ways to do so.
Here’s how to silence your keyboard on Android.
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap System Languages and input.
- Tap Virtual keyboard or Manage keyboards.
- Next to the name of your keyboard, tap Settings .
- Turn off Vibrate on keypress.
On Samsung phones with the Samsung keyboard:
- Tap Settings > Language and input.
- Tap the settings icon next to Samsung Keyboard .
- Tap Sound and Vibration.
- Next, simply uncheck Vibrate option.
If you have an iPhone, you can change the haptic feedback settings by going to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > System Haptics. You can also turn off vibration by turning off Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent in that same menu.