In this post, I’ll be showing you how to pin conversations on Snapchat. Pinning a conversation on Snapchat places that conversation at the top of your chat screen.
When you pin a conversation, it will remain at the top of your chat screen even if that person sends you another snapchat. It’s only removed when you unpin the conversation or delete it.
How to pin a conversation in Snapchat on Android
- Open Snapchat from the home screen or app drawer.
- Tap and hold on the conversation you want to pin.
- Tap the star icon at the top of the screen to pin it to the top of your conversations list.
- The pinned conversation will now be at the top of your conversations list, with a small star next to it.
How to pin someone on Snapchat on Android
Snapchat lets you pin up to 3 friends to the top of your Friends screen so you can quickly get to their Stories or send them a Chat. You can even pin people who aren’t your best friends! To pin someone on Snapchat:
Tap the profile icon in the upper-left corner of the Camera screen
You’ll see two lists of Snapchat friends: “My Friends” and “Recent.” Tap and hold your finger down on the name of the person you want to pin (they don’t need to be in your “My Friends” list)
Drag their name over toward the top of the screen and then release it there. It will now say “Pinned.” You can repeat this process for up to three friends, moving them around as needed.
To unpin someone on Snapchat, tap and hold their name again, drag it above their other friends’ names, and then let go.
How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat on Android
Snapchat has officially launched a dark mode option for both iOS and Android users. Here’s how to enable it on your phone.
If you’re not a fan of bright backgrounds while you’re scrolling through your social media apps in the dark, Snapchat now has you covered. Over the past few months, Snapchat has been rolling out its dark mode feature for select users.
Here’s how to turn on Snapchat dark mode:
Make sure that you have the most updated version of Snapchat downloaded on your phone. You can do this by going to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and seeing if there’s an update available.
Go into your Settings and click on General or Account Actions, depending on what type of phone you have. This is where you’ll see the Dark Mode option pop up. Click on it, and then toggle it to “On” so that it turns blue.
There are two ways to switch between dark and light mode once you have it enabled on your phone: either press and hold down the screen in camera mode or go back into settings and tap on Dark Mode again to make it say “Off.”
How to Create Shortcut on Snapchat on Android
By making the most of Android’s ability to add shortcuts to your home screen, you can make accessing Snapchat even easier. Here’s how.
How to create a Snapchat shortcut on your Android phone:
- Open Snapchat on your phone.
- Tap the Profile button in the top left corner of the screen (the ghost icon).
- Tap the Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen (the gear icon).
- Scroll down and tap on Shortcuts under the Advanced section.
- Enable Allow access to shortcuts by using the slider next to it.
- Tap on Launch camera and press Add shortcut twice when prompted by the app to do so.
- Repeat step 6 for Launch chat and Launch memories shortcuts as well